Monday, September 6, 2010

Timber!

Yesterday my dear husband the former woodsman cut down a couple dead trees in our woods near the house.

My daughter really enjoyed the show.


The tree was pretty big, over 100 feet tall.  We counted the rings, the tree was probably almost 80 years old.


Old tools are kind of pretty, aren't they?


But the bark and its tiny ecosystem was what really fascinated me.




I think that little friend up there feels like another experiment in the making, but until then, a little tree from the giant Vierlande project, still in the baby stages....


WIP:  Metta Putfarcken 1848, on 40 ct Sassy Fabrics "Spun Sugar" with a variety of HDF silk greens

2 comments:

  1. I think the little blonde looking out the window is the most amazing creation too!

    ReplyDelete