Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pretty little Bertie

All done!  This was a fun, quick little sampler.  I love vierlande samplers, the connection to history knowing German girls hundreds of years ago worked on these same types of patterns, and all the little geometric motifs arranged with such balance are so "me".  Now I will have a small one for my wall during the 10+ years it will take me to stitch the big one!

This is one of the small samplers from Needleprint's new release "Vierlande 2", called "Bertie".  When I saw this I had to stitch it and raided my stash for materials so I could do it right away. 


Stitched over-2 on 40 count Lakeside Linen in "Sienna Night" color, with HDF white and light brown silk.





3 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogland Jessica! I saw Bertie over at Vikki's and though I'd come visit. Love the white on dark linen - a beautiful finish to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, very chic too! Of course I am a little biased, having this sampler named after me who wouldn't LOL

    ReplyDelete