Sunday, January 9, 2011

Hanging Gardens

I am thisclose to finishing the rock wall/hanging garden portion of the DK Designs Enchanted Forest scene.


That detail above is a finished portion.  This is one of those many pieces that look like nothing close up, you don't get the full effect until you stand back a pace... which you will still have to wait to see, I am SUCH a tease! 

I got a lot of it done yesterday during the football game, which was an epic underdog win of a game.  GO SEAHAWKS!  I think our yelling added to the 12th man effect, an hour away at the stadium, for sure. 

Anyway, as I work on this I've also been walking through our memories of the hanging gardens at Zion National Park. 



And the lush, vertical jungle vegetation in Hawaii.



OK so that picture isn't of the vertical vegetation, but trust me, it's there!  I couldn't find a good picture of it of my own, but if you ever get a chance to go to the Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden on the Big Island, don't skip it.  They have a gorgeous photo album on flicker if you'd like to see some gorgeous lush jungle and exotic plants.

Anyway I wandered off-topic again, didn't I.  No matter.  I'm currently working on these tiny little "comma ferns", which are quick and easy compared to some of that larger hanging stuff.   I <3 them!








No comments:

Post a Comment