Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Next Page and Unintended Consequences

I've been burning the midnight oil the last few days to make some deadlines for the day job, which involves researching old property use.  I look at a lot of old maps.


And a lot of old city directories.


And I never know what I might find on the next page.



Yeah, that's a full-page ad for artificial limbs.  Maybe the world was a different place in 1934.

Then I take all this information and type type type until there is a long, long report.  If I knew in college I'd be making my living churning out research reports every week, I don't know if I'd have made different choices, but I probably would have invested in more ergonomic keyboards.

Which is a long-winded way of saying the ol' carpel tunnel is flaring up and stitching is suffering--just when I could use that meditation-like activity the most.  Isn't that the way the world works?  You never know what's on the next page. 

And, what's the next page for this blog? I'm not sure--maybe I need some direction--but I know it is almost six months old, already!  Look for a give-away celebration to begin in a few days, more mossy rock and stitchy experiments, pretty cross-stitch sampler progress pictures, more book and scissor reviews, more pretty photos of the world around us.  It's also a good opportunity to ask you, dear reader, what you come here for...what would you like to see more of on the next few pages?

2 comments:

  1. I visit regularly because I like to see what you're up to! I find inspiration in reading about your stitchery adventures - whether it's your progress on a charted design, one of your free-style pieces or just a pic that shows where you've been stitching. I also enjoy your book reviews. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your relaxed style and brevity of posts; the photos of the world around you and best of all, the stitching photos.

    Veena

    ReplyDelete